Zinc oxide is an active agent for natural latex. It is also sometimes used as a reinforcing agent and a colorant. According to their different production methods can be divided into indirect zinc oxide, direct zinc oxide, active zinc oxide three. It is the most important inorganic active agent in the rubber industry. Adding rubber can not only accelerate the vulcanization speed, but also increase the degree of cross-linking. For thiazoles, sulfenamides, hydrazines, thiuram type accelerator has activation. Widely used in all kinds of rubber products, especially for transparent rubber products and food contact products.
Industrially produced zinc oxide flows 50% to the rubber industry. Zinc oxide and stearic acid are important reactants for rubber vulcanization and are one of the raw materials for rubber manufacture. The combination of zinc oxide and stearic acid enhances the degree of hardening of the rubber. Zinc oxide is also an important additive for automobile tires. In addition to the vulcanization, zinc oxide can greatly improve the thermal conductivity of rubber, which helps to disperse the tire and ensure the safety of driving. Zinc oxide additives also prevent the erosion of rubber by mold organisms or UV rays.
(1) Role of zinc oxide in the rubber tire industry (Advanced black and dark rubber tires, radial tires): Improve the thermal conductivity, wear resistance, tear resistance, and tensile strength of the product.
(2) Role of zinc oxide in rubber products:
1 Active zinc oxide is mainly used as a reinforcing agent for rubber so that the rubber has good corrosion resistance, tear resistance, elasticity, and elongation.
2 Accelerator for rubber vulcanization process is a multifunctional rubber compounding agent. It is mainly used as a vulcanization activator and reinforcing agent for natural rubber, synthetic rubber and latex.
3 When used as a vulcanization activator, it has a uniform distribution in the rubber compound, a large contact area with hydrogen sulfide, and a large opportunity for interfacial reaction. In addition, the active zinc oxide product has the catalytic effect of an active material to convert the zinc oxide. The conversion rate for zinc sulfide is high.
4 As a sulfurized oxidant, its role is to enhance the promoter activity, reduce the amount of accelerator, and shorten the vulcanization cycle.
5 It can speed up the vulcanization speed, increase the thermal conductivity of vulcanizate and make vulcanization more thorough.
6 Active zinc oxide is an excellent vulcanizing agent in the rubber industry, especially in the production of transparent rubber products.
(3) The role of zinc oxide in synthetic rubber: as an activator, vulcanization accelerator and reinforcing agent, and a coloring effect. To promote the vulcanization, activation, reinforcement and anti-aging effects of rubber, to strengthen the vulcanization process and improve the tear resistance and wear resistance of rubber products.
(4) The role of zinc oxide in natural rubber: It acts as a vulcanization activator, promotes the vulcanization, activation, reinforcement and anti-aging effects of rubber, strengthens the vulcanization process, and improves the tear resistance and wear resistance of rubber products.
(5) The role of zinc oxide in natural latex: acting as an activator, promoting the vulcanization, activation and reinforcement of rubber, anti-aging effect, can strengthen the vulcanization process, improve the tear resistance and wear resistance of rubber products.
(6) The role of zinc oxide in white latex: as a colorant and filler.
(7) The role of zinc oxide in chloroprene rubber: As a vulcanizing agent and compounding agent with increased thermal conductivity.
(8) The role of zinc oxide in the footwear industry (rubber shoes, rain boots, rubber gloves and other labor protection products) (rubber shoes, rain boots, rubber gloves and other labor protection products): to improve wear resistance and anti-aging, to extend the service life.
(9) Role of zinc oxide in transparent rubber and food rubber products: Indispensable inorganic active agents.
(10) The role of zinc oxide in transparent and translucent rubber: as a vulcanizing agent.
(11) The role of zinc oxide in transparent or colored rubber products: It has an irreplaceable role of traditional active agents such as carbon black.