The application of zinc oxide in sunscreens has the following advantages:
1. Zinc oxide complies with the European Union's "1/3 Regulation": (in vivo or in vitro test methods) protection should be at least 1/3 of the marked UVB Index;
2. Zinc oxide provides broader spectrum protection than other sunscreens, covering the wavelength range of 290-380nm; zinc oxide has more than 300 years of application history in care products and can be applied to baby diaper creams and radiologists. water;
3. The FDA listed zinc oxide as a food additive in GRAS (substances that are considered safe);
4. Compared with TiO2, zinc oxide has better transparency.
The second largest market for zinc oxide is different at home and abroad. In China, the paint industry has a market share of about 25%; in the United States, it is the chemical industry with a market share of about 21%; Western Europe is a ceramic and glass industry, which accounts for 15% of the total market; Japan is a production of zinc ferrite, Market share is about 11%.
(1) Rubber industry: In the rubber vulcanization process of lead-zinc mine equipment, zinc oxide can improve the physical properties of vulcanized rubber, enhance the activity of the accelerator, shorten the vulcanization time, and improve the rubber wear resistance and tensile mechanical properties. Secondly, it is used as a reinforcing agent and colorant for rubber, and it can also be used as a vulcanizing agent for chloroprene rubber and a compounding agent for increasing the thermal conductivity.
(2) Paint and coating industry: It mainly applies its coloring power, hiding power, and anti-corrosion and luminescence. Used to produce white paint and enamel. Zinc oxide is slightly alkaline, and it can react with trace free fatty acids to form zinc soap, making the film flexible, strong, and preventing metal oxidation.
(3) In the printing and dyeing industry, zinc oxide is used as a resist; in the chemical industry, zinc oxide is used as a catalyst. In addition, it is also used as a raw material for the production of opalescent glass and zinc white varieties of oil paints and watercolor pigments, as well as cosmetics and various zinc salts.